Friday, October 12, 2012

New work in progress

Got a bisque kiln unloaded today, and am now able to photograph them without worrying about breakage (as much).
Here're some mushroom creatures, first generation. More recent ones have more texture all over, and double walled bottoms (pics to come). Name: Walking Fungi, or Migrating Mushrooms; something like that.
These are very flared pinch pots, and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the stems.  They have roots now, and those will get bigger.

I'm still stuck using the crapcam on my phone until I find my transfer cable, so the resolution sucks, but I think it will work for now.

These are some Capacious Ovovores form the desert region, and their prey, the Sedimentovoid Pseudopods. Right now I am just getting the basics of how to construct them so that they will freaking STAY. TOGETHER. DARNIT!  Having multiple piece-construction is not new to me, but until recently I was working in vessel forms and always had a central stable base to come back to, structurally.  These more active forms are fun and challenging.  As I get the basic technical aspects down they will develop more texture and a larger scale.





That's all for now, more later.
~Lucy


2 comments:

  1. Those look fun. The ovovore thingies are a bit frightening. Your migrating mushroom are cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Ovovores are adorable when they NOM ALL THE SMALLER BEASTIES!!!! I've got plans in my head for a later-stage Ovovore feeding itself a Pseudopod, just trying right now to figure out how to get it assembled best.

    ReplyDelete